We just gave you a way to make fried chicken even more lit than it already is.
If you suddenly find yourself with an unstoppable craving for a secret blend of twelve herbs and spices, there’s a good reason why. Fried chicken is to DIE FOR! Before you call up Popeyes or KFC for a bucket or two, why not make your own? Learn how to make delicious, simple, and most importantly, cannabis-infused fried chicken. And in the comfort of your own home!
Marijuana Infused Fried Chicken Recipe
- 6-8 cups of ground up weed
- 2 quarts of cooking oil of your choice
- 4 pounds of bone-in chicken, 4 drumsticks and 4 thighs
- 2 separate tablespoons of kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons of ground white pepper
- 3 tablespoons of smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons of dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon of celery salt
- 1 tablespoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons of vodka
- Put ground weed and oil in a pan and heat it at a low setting for a few hours.
- Strain the plant matter out and set the oil aside until you’re ready to begin frying your chicken.
- Now, you can focus less on the cannabis and more on the cooking.
- Place the chicken pieces on a baking sheet and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the salt on them. Set aside for 30 minutes while you make the seasoning blend.
- Combine flour, cornstarch, and the last tablespoon of salt in a bowl and whisk them.
- Then, place the buttermilk, egg whites, and alcohol in a medium bowl and whisk.
- Fit a wire cooling rack onto another baking sheet. Put one piece of chicken in at a time into the buttermilk to completely coat, then place into the flour mixture and shake the bowl until the piece is completely coated.
- Place all coated chicken on the rack for up to 30 minutes while you prepare to fry.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Use a deep-fry thermometer to make sure the temperature is about 350°F.
- Wash and dry the empty baking sheet the chicken was seasoned on. Line that baking sheet with paper towels and fit the second wire cooling rack on it for a cooling station.
- Place 2 to 3 pieces of chicken at a time and rotate the pieces every 3 to 4 minutes using tongs.
- After 12 to 15 minutes of cooking the pieces at 325°F, they should begin turning golden-brown with an internal temperature of 170°F.
- Place all the fried chicken on the second baking sheet.
- Let it cool for at least 10 minutes before enjoying!